Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Motivated

After trying various remedies to get Imogen to stop biting her nails, I gave up. They're her fingers.

But then, on a whim, I said, "If you let all of your nails grow out, I'll give you five dollars." One thing Imogen is fairly motivated by, is money. Her nails are almost all grown out, except for one pinky nail that kept getting chewed on. I'm making her grow out all ten, because I figure... I'm paying for it, so I get to make the rules. Besides, the longer she resisting chewing, the more likely the habit will be broken. And if I can break her of chewing her nails till they bleed, it's five dollars well spent.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Wow...keep it up. I chew my nails all the time and I hate the fact I do it. I'll catch myself doing it before I realize what is going on.

You're really doing a great thing helping her break that habit.