Friday, January 27, 2012

Slime!

Yep, we made slime. It was fun. You mix some Borax in with water. I think I used four cups water to one fourth cup Borax. You slowly pour that, little bit at a time, into a mixture of equal parts school glue and water mixed together. We had more of the Borax solution than we needed. I used clear glue and dyed it green.

At first our slime was pretty stringy.
As we added more of the Borax solution, it clumped together more.

We picked green as a classic slime color but it really did look revolting.

It ended up being stiffer than I thought it would. Perhaps I added too much of the Borax mixture. But it's still fun for them to play with. Since we made it with two entire 5 oz. bottles of glue, we have quite a bit of it. Genevieve here is holding only her half of the slime supply. 

No comments: