Friday, January 27, 2012

Find-it game

I've been wanting to make one of these for a while because it just seemed fun. I found a water bottle I really liked so I used it for this.

I used rice but I could have used sand or salt or anything else really. I dyed it blue with food coloring and rubbing alcohol. I used rubbing alcohol because it evaporates quickly. I used a little too much at first and was choking on the fumes. 

The funnest part was gathering stuff to put in the bottle. We had a large collection of beads that had several alphabets in them so I gathered up a mismatched alphabet to put in there along with a bunch of other little odds and ends from a tiny screw to a pink benadryl pill

I glued the lid on and printed out the list and taped it on the side. I wish I had filled it a little more full. But they've had fun with it so far and are already asking for another one with more stuff in it! Um yeah, I'll just whip that up real quick... 

No comments: