Wednesday, February 14, 2007

School, etc

Imogen commented that in chapel at school she gets to sit next to the teacher a lot. She paused to consider this, then commented "It's probably becauase I'm so good all the time." Jeremy and I just looked at each other and laughed.

I'm SURE that's the reason the teacher has my child sit next to her. My child who has gotten in trouble all last week for humming during lectures. My child who's solution for other people talking when she wants to talk is to simply talk louder (and start over so that they catch everything you want to say). My very squirmy child who sometimes forgets not to play with her friends.

However, her teacher also assures me that she's doing very very well in school. She reads quickly without sounding out most of the words, only the longer ones. I've barely lifted a finger to make her practice reading, beyond buying plenty of books for her to practice on. I'll get up in the morning and she'll be in bed with the light on reading instead of getting ready for school.

As for Genevieve, she makes the oddest off the wall observations. We were driving around the other day and out of the blue she says "Babies are smaller than trash cans, that are bigger than the trash can that is in my room." ??? I mean, what do you even SAY to that??

No comments: