Friday, February 02, 2007

Bambi is lame

I just spent a gift card from my mother for Christmas and one of the things I got was the movie Bambie for the girls.

I'd forgotten how lame it was. Or actually, I didn't realize just how lame it is. Don't get me wrong, the girls love it. Imogen was beside herself with excitement when it arrived. They also got Cars but nooo, they won't watch that one. They've been giggling at this girlie-named-deer's antics the whole movie.

There's these long musical numbers. And they aren't Lion King, Little Mermaid music numbers that you can actually sing to. Bambi's mother is annoying. I think she's drugged. She speaks in this stupid monotone saying these wise-sounding-but-not lines. "Man... is in the forrest..." and "Winter has come." Thank you Lady Obvious. Fortunately, dialogue in general is rare this movie.

Then there's the scene where she dies. The farmer shoots, misses. She runs away... He continues to shoot and miss, finally, he manages to chase her down and land a shot. Now, deer in the forrest are pretty fast, so I'm not sure how this was accomplished. You never see the hunter, and I've concluded that he managed to chase her down in his flying spacecraft.

Hey, I know some people are into this movie. I remember as a child I wasn't too into it as well, and I attempt not to impose too much of my taste on my kids unless they like something so awful I worry about it permanently damaging them. :)

No comments: