Tuesday, January 02, 2007

On a power trip

Once upon a time, Imogen and Genevieve had their own rooms.

But Imogen emptied the dresser full of clothing onto the floor in her room every day so I got mad and created a play room (where they both slept) and a clothes room (which contained the dressers and whatever other random junk we didn't know what to do with).

And so time passed.

But to make a long story short, I cleaned out the clothes room and now it is Imogen's room. She has a new large twin size bed and a desk and will soon be getting a new dresser to replace the dilapidated one she has now.

And there was much rejoicing.

Seriously, if I had known how to get rid of her I would have done this a long time ago. She spends a lot of time in her room now. She set up her hop scotch foamy pad things and came to me and Jeremy.

"Please don't mess up my hop scotch. You don't have to hop scotch into my room, but I want Genevieve to. But please don't mess it up."

Jeremy took her aside and told her very kindly to get a grip. Somehow it has not occurred to Genevieve that she has the same set of powers that Imogen has over her room. It's harder for Genevieve because her room is not new or special and Imogen has spent a long time living in there. Still, I'm sure she'll figure it out and I'll get to hear all the joyful screaming about who is allowed in who's room and what set of actions are necessary to gain entrance into the other room and how far one much bend over backwards to avoid expulsion from said room. But for now, Genevieve is excited to be invited into Imogen's room and mentions that she hopes to sleep in there one day, which Imogen, with the air of a benevolent ruler, promises that she will.

No comments: