Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ice storm








It's hard to exaggerate how much ice there was around here. I went two full weeks without power. We were among the last people to be turned on and they only got around to us on Friday night at 5:30. I won't go into just how miserable that was.

Last night we moved home to find one of our rooms flooded. So Jeremy and I spent the day cleaning that up while the girls spent yet another night at their grandparents' house. My back hurts. Imogen and Genevieve just walked in and are thrilled to be home.

"I missed this house!" Genevieve said. They keep picking up toys and talking about how much they missed each one.

We're glad to be home, but we still have a lot of work to do in the office/utility room. If 2007 doesn't improve very soon I'm going to run away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here, I've been complaining about our puny Texas ice storms. That's horrible -- two weeks??? I promise I won't complain anymore.

Erin

Rachael said...

Yeah, I'm kind of a drag to talk to for anyone who wants to complain. I have almost everyone beat. :)