Sunday, February 19, 2006

Kids make me laugh with thier statements of absolutes. Today Genevieve said "Animals don't live in houses." I said "Does Zeus live in a house? Is Zeus an animal?" The fact that I had proven the previous statement wrong did not cause her to abandon it, however. Why? Because lions and tigers don't live in houses. Eventually it was suggested that she modify it to "Some animals don't live in houses."

Imogen however is all about questions. She'll ask questions till my EARS BLEED!! It drives me nuts, honestly. If she runs out of questions, she'll start asking questions about things she already knows. She'll sit in front of a movie she's seen about 4.8 million times (like Toy Story 2) and ask me questions about it. "Who are they? Why doesn't he like him? Is that the real Buzz? Why is she sad? Why are they hiding? What was that? Where is Andy?" I think she just hates when I have a moment to focus on homework or something. If I ask her the same questions instead of answering them, she'll say the answer.

"Imogen, you ask a lot of questions," I said.
"Yeah, 'cause I'm just a kid," she said.

That explains it.

No comments: