Sunday, February 26, 2006

Good behavior

I've always believed that my children shouldn't be inflicted on other people. So I've always made it a goal that my children be fairly well behaved in public.

Today we went to Fuji for lunch, a Japanese hibachi grill here in town. Eight people to a table. The other four people sitting there were these two elderly couples. We all enjoyed our lunch and the girls sat fairly quietly, eating their food and talking to us. They didn't like the salad and everyone laughed when Genevieve tried a bite of it (priceless expression, but she managed to swallow the bite!) but they ate at least some of everything else. At the end of our meal, when the other people were leaving, the man sitting next to Jeremy leaned over and said "I just have to compliment you on the behavior of your children."

Yay me!! I'm not raising complete monsters!

Really, that kind of thing is always pleasant to hear.

On the other hand, Imogen was on the phone with my mom the other day, asking just how many gifts she would be getting for her birthday and informing my mother that the proposed number was not enough. GRRR. We had a talk that evening about gift etiquette.

No comments: