Sunday, November 08, 2009

A two year old in the house

Elijah is a regular visitor these days. I think it's cool that my kids get to have a cousin around. I hardly knew any of mine. Even though he's much younger, they enjoy having him around. He takes naps in Genevieve's bed on occasion, and Genevieve has this strange habit (which is getting out of hand if you ask me) of storing copious amounts of stuff in her bed. It began with stuffed animals. And as the collection grew, more of her bed was taken up with them. Then it was a couple books. Far be it from me to discourage my children from reading before bed time. But then, there are some nights you don't want to read. You would much rather draw. Let's add a notebook and a few pencils. And a box of crayons (just a small one). And some markers. Just in case. Of course, I don't immediately notice when she's added something, because it's tucked out of the way, under blankets and stuffed animals. So when I tuck Elijah into the rapidly shrinking sleeping area of the bed, I don't see anything amiss. Not until after his nap is over when he was covered in marker scribbles.

1 comment:

The Wife said...

Rebecca does the *exact* same thing. There is so much junk in her bed that, even though it's a full size bed, she sleeps on the edge. It drives me insane.