Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Out with the old...

We saw an old man selling a shih tzu puppy by the side of the road. As we ooh'ed and ahh'ed, Imogen said, "Can we buy it mommy?"

"No, of course not," I said.

"Why not? Monster is so troublesome."

"Oh, so we just get rid of Monster and buy a new puppy?" I said, laughing.

"Sure. We could sell Monster for $100."

"No one's going to pay for that dog," I said.

"Well, maybe you should grow his hair out like a real shih tzu and someone will," she said.

Like a real shih tzu?? What's that supposed to mean? I don't think my kids have noticed that Monster has outgrown his chew-on-everything stage. Puppies are much more annoying than grown dogs. Even though Monster has taken to pantry raiding and dumpster diving. I came home one day to find a bag of brown sugar chewed open and sitting on my couch. What kind of dog steals baking goods? Not to mention the candy bars (in their wrappers) that he has been vomiting (again, on my couch). Still, I asked Imogen who was going to fund this dog exchange and she didn't really have an answer for that one.

No comments: