Friday, April 25, 2008

Please leave a message after the beep...

I'm a terrible message-leaver.

Really. The voice mail comes on and suddenly I'm fumbling around, forgetting what I called for and repeating what little information I am able to retrieve out of my suddenly sluggish mind. It think it has to do with the fact that I'm never just talking on the phone. I'm on the phone and doing laundry, or doing a project for school, or driving somewhere (yes, I'm one of those evil women in a minivan on a cell phone). When I have someone on the phone, I get to pause and let them talk. When I'm leaving messages, there's just silence. And me... rambling.

I left Zach a message one time. It was something like, "Hi... It's Rachael... Um... I have your thing [I forget what the thing was]... So... um... if you want to meet me... I'll be in class.. but it's over at 8. But it starts at five, so I can meet you before then... or after, but I'm not home right now.... I'm on the other side of town, and I have to go get Imogen from school at 3:30 and then go to the grocery store... So I don't know when I'll be home.. So call me and we'll figure out where to meet... Or I can drop it off later... If you'll be home... Ok, talk to you later, bye!"

Zach called me back, "You leave terrible voice mails!"

No comments: