Monday, April 07, 2008

Birthdays

Imogen's birthday is this Friday, which she is handling with the composure of a lunatic in a rubber room. We were discussing and salivating (me the former, her the latter) about it in the car today and of course Genevieve wanted in on the action. Their birthdays are exactly six months apart which means as soon as one has her birthday, we can begin the countdown to the other's. Genevieve commented (again) that she would get to turn six.

I told her no, she is my baby and my baby is not allowed to turn six. She must turn four and then the following year, she can turn five, then four, five, on and on. I assured her between her protests that we would still give her the same amount of gifts so I really don't see what the big deal is.

She said, "You'll see, Mommy. You'll see." And then she cackled theatrically as if this was some kind of movie. As I was pondering what it would be like to be in a reality TV show with someone like her, she turned to Imogen and broke the spell with, "Won't she see Imogen? When it's my birthday and I turn six?"

That's just bad dialog, I thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.