Thursday, October 04, 2007

How to be Mean to Your Child

I could probably publish a book on this topic but honestly, that's not something you should brag about, you know?

Changing the subject completely...

The other day I was playing a silly game with Genevieve where I held out my hand and said "Gimme five!" and she would try and I would pull my hand away so that she missed. Over and over. I would let her hit a few times to keep her interest. But mostly she missed. Then I put my hand on her lap and so whenever she missed she would hit her own leg. I would cackle madly and she would growl dramatically at me. Then I moved my hand to her chest so that she was hitting her chest whenever she missed.

You would think she would see where this was going. I moved my hand to her forehead, palm facing outward and said "Gimme five." And she did. Or at least she tried, and I yanked my hand away and she smacked herself in the forehead. I about died laughing.

Imogen was watching and thought this was very clever so she decided to try to pull the same trick on me. Only she didn't quite get it. She put her hand on her own forehead and said "Gimme five, mommy!" And when I tried to, she pulled her hand away so that I smacked her forehead. The look on her face was priceless.

We try to limit ourselves to only very mature humor in this house.

No comments: