Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dancing

I forgot my cell phone, so when I went to pick up Jeremy, I couldn't call him to tell him we were there. So we went inside, racing the fat raindrops to the door. But the building was locked up. A janitor let us in but Jeremy's department also locked. We decided that he would figure out that we were there eventually and we went back down to the parking lot.

The rain had already stopped, but the sky was dark and ominous with light breaking through in various colors at the horizons. Imogen sought shelter from the wind in the van, but Genevieve danced wildly under the strange sky, somehow infused with an energy that made her ignore the cold. She laughed as the wind whipped through her hair. I squinted up at the building and noticed Jeremy peeking through the blinds from his office.

"Daddy has seen us!" I said. "He will come and rescue us!" Both girls shouted gleefully and Imogen joined Genevieve in the near empty parking lot. She paused to say, "I'm dancing for joy!"

Imogen must know why she dances, I suppose. For Genevieve, it is enough to dance.

No comments: