Thursday, September 11, 2008

Spooky

Around here, all games have names. And the game the girls love to play with Jeremy is "spooky". You turn off all the lights in the house, Jeremy hides, and then the girls look for him in the dark. Right as they are about to find him, he jumps out yelling at the top of his lungs and they scream bloody murder. It's great fun. They beg him to play it. The funny thing is, I remember playing this same game with my father, but I don't remember introducing it to my own children. Is this one of those universal games all (or at least many) children like to play with their fathers? What's so fun about being terrified over and over anyway? It's like watching a horror movie, I suppose.

Either way, it's one of the few (only?) times that it's fun to hear your children scream.

2 comments:

Deborra said...

That brings back funny screamy memories!

Anonymous said...

Rachael! I totally played that with my dad all the time when I was little, how funny, maybe it is a universal game all kids know.