Monday, January 21, 2008

Frankenstein



Genevieve has decided to start the year off right. The time she slipped on the floor and landed on a small ice chest that was sitting on the floor by the door. I'm not too clear on what happened because Imogen was the only witness. But the end result is five stitches and a scar that will hopefully be hidden by her eyebrow.

You know, I grew up without needing stitches. I really consider this frequency of stitching to be unreasonable. I asked a doctor if something was wrong with her balance and/or equilibrium in some way but he seemed to think that if she is capable of walking normally without falling down most of the time then she's just a klutz. Of course, a few days ago, she tripped over her own feet when standing still. She landed on her side with such a shocked expression that even she started laughing.

Anyway, I'm sure she'll need stitches again soon, but I just wish she would stop catching her falls with her face.

No comments: