Friday, November 02, 2007

Genevieve's song

Genevieve has never been very devoted to eating. Imogen will wolf down her food then leave the table. Genevieve plays, talks, goofs off, sings songs, instead of eating. This morning, while staring at her tiny amount of honey nut cheerios (it's not like I'm feeding them gruel), she was singing. After a while of ignoring her, I tuned in and this is what she was singing.

Aaand, I wish I was a shirt.
A nice shirt.
I would let people put me on.
And I would be so nice to them.
I would be beautiful.
People love beautiful things.
Evil people I would be mean to.
I would hit them if I had arms.
I wish I was a shirt that had arms.
I wish I was a shiiiiirt!

And I wish I was a chair...

At this point I interrupted with much regret and told her to get dressed. She had about 30 cheerios in the bottom of her bowl and she barely ate any of them. She's really not much of a breakfast person.

No comments: