Thursday, October 26, 2006

Strawberry milk

At the store I said I would buy the girls some chocolate milk. But then Genevieve noticed the strawberry milk. Chocolate milk has a surprising lack of pinkness I guess.

"How do they make strawberry milk?" she asked.
"Well," I said "you have to get a pink cow. And feed it strawberries."
"Really?" her eyes lit up. She was enchanted. I could see the baby pink cows frolicking in the strawberry fields of her mind.
"No, not really," I said.

The other day we were at Wal-mart and Genevieve made a comment about when she was a grown up.

"You'll be old by then," she said. While I was grappling with this statement, she ammended it. "Actually, you'll be dead."

Wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Iespecially liked the last one about being able to change your mind so you can keep crying. For you see, the crying is the essence of this instruction. It's an art to be mastered.